Thursday, October 18, 2007

Report: Sheppard to return Sunday

According to an article on philly.com, Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard said after practice on Wednesday that he will be back on the field for this Sunday's home matchup against the Chicago Bears.

"I did practice last week, all week, and I've been very in tune in the meeting room and I felt pretty good the first day of practice this week, so I don't think I'm going to be rusty at all," Sheppard told the site.

Sheppard has missed the last four games with a left knee injury sustained in Philadelphia's opening-day loss to the Green Bay Packers. William James has been replacing the two-time Pro Bowler in the starting lineup along side Sheldon Brown.

Sheppard has just two tackles on the season, but had a career-high six interceptions in 13 games last season, including one returned 102 yards for a score. He has 183 tackles and 15 picks over his six-year career.

No comments: