Thursday, July 30, 2009

Udeze retires

A class act had to retire from the NFL today. Vikings defensive end Kenechi Udeze, who was trying to return from a bout with leukemia, called it quits. A former first round pick from USC, Udeze made the prudent decision to concentrate on his health instead of the rigors of an NFL training camp.

"My leukemia is still in remission and I am well," Udeze said in a statement. "Unfortunately, however, I have decided to retire due to certain side effects from my pre-transplant treatment. I would like to thank the Wilf family and the Minnesota Vikings organization for their support.

"I would also like to thank my fans, friends and family for supporting me through everything. Last but not least, I would like to thank all of the medical professionals and staff in Minnesota who worked tirelessly to give me a second chance at life. God bless."

No comments: