Sunday, July 12, 2009

UFC post fight quotes

Brock Lesnar, who knocked out Frank Mir:

First and foremost, I want to apologize. I acted very unprofessionally and I'll leave it at that.

I'm a sore loser, OK? I don't like to get beat. I believe that Frank and I's first bout, I gave that fight to him. And so there was a lot of emotion in this fight for me. ...

I went in the entertainment business for awhile, and I guess there's a little bit of still that (in me). You guys ask me all the time, is there anything I can drag in from WWE? And I guess you've seen a little bit tonight.

I apologize to Bud Light (Lesnar said he was going to drink a Coors Light after the fight. He also said he was going home to get on top of his wife, former WWE Diva Sable). I'm not biased. I drink any beer. Tonight, I'm drinking Bud Light all night.

Man, I was so jacked up. I'm used to selling pay-per-view tickets, OK? I come from a business that is purely entertainment. ... Dana came back, and we had our whip the dog session, and I screwed up, and I apologize.

I have nothing against Frank. No, like I said, the only thing I have against Frank is that he beat me. We both talked a lot of crap, and in the end, I was just amped up.

Dan Henderson after he knocked out cocky British middleweight Michael Bisping:

"It's awesome. I'm sure that's going to be one of my favorite fights that I've ever fought. ...

"The plan was just to win every round and beat him up doing it, beat him up standing up. He moves well, but he wasn't landing hardly anything, and the ones that he did land didn't hurt. I felt that I was hurting him a lot more on my feet...

"If I took him down he could probably hold on and lose a decision. I wanted to knock him out."

Q: He had taunted you and noted, "Hey, you haven't knocked anybody (out) in five years," blah blah blah. Does that make this any more gratifying, given the irony of that statement?

"Where does that put him now, if I can't knock anyone out but him? It puts him way down the list.

It should put me right back up in there. I didn't think I was down from the top; I just felt like I had a bad fight against Anderson Silva, and (I've) been wanting to do that again. After beating Rich Franklin and Michael Bisping back-to-back, I think I would deserve that shot.

Welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre talking about a groin pull suffered during his five-round decision win over Thiago Alves:

It's pretty bad. I'm in real bad pain.

It happened in the third round, and I don't remember exactly. But I think, when I was on the bottom, in my guard, in the third round, Thiago pushed my knee down and I heard my groin, my abductor snap, and I heard a noise. ... And it was pretty bad.

So I was like thinking, I was like, "Oh my God, the fight is not even over and I'm on the bottom."

So I couldn't do much from there. Normally I would have tried armbar and stuff like that. So I end up scrambling, getting up and winning the fight.

What happened too, my fight was supposed to be the fourth on the card. And they called us a little bit at the last minute because of the pay-per-view. So we got called and I didn't have really much time to warm up a well as I should have done.

Well, it's my mistake too. I'm a professional, I'm world champion. I should have been ready for something like that. I was not informed that I was jumping in before I was supposed to. That's probably why this thing happened too.

Hall of Famer Mark Coleman, following his unanimous decision over Stephan Bonnar:

I didn't look tired. What are you talking about? I always look tired. I played possum; I played possum.

Listen, he worked his (butt) off in that first round. He worked his (butt) off; he tired himself out. Just like Shogun. Nobody ever gave me any credit for wearing Shogun out; they just said he was out of shape.

Well, I'm a different breed when I'm on you. When I'm on you, I'm a different type of man. I'm a world-class wrestling, and Bonnar, he emptied his tank in that first round. And that's why I was able to come back and win that fight. I was fresh. I got better as the fight went on.

No comments: