Saturday, August 23, 2008

Eagles reaction after 27-17 preseason win over Pats

Shawn Andrews


On where he feels like he is:

“Of course I always say it’s not about me. Definitely, just to be back amongst the guys, I really feel like I’m close to where I need to be for the opener and I’m definitely going to get there in two weeks.”

On what he wanted to accomplish tonight:

“First of all, I definitely wanted to show that I still have fundamentals and I still know my plays and protections. I also wanted to use this game as a measuring stick for my conditioning to see where I was and where I need to get.”

On whether he was happy with the way he played:

“I was very pleased, with the exception of a couple of plays. That’s something we’re going to work on. We didn’t work on it much, but that’s not an excuse. We are going to get better. We still have two weeks to go.”

On how the communication was with him and the rest of the offensive line:

“It was just like old times, for the most part. Of course, there are some things we need to iron out as a group and we are going to get them ironed out.”


Asante Samuel:

On how he was received by the fans:

“They love to hate me a little bit. It’s all good. They will probably give me the boos, give me the yeas. It’s all good, it’s all in good fun.”

On the first play from scrimmage when he tackled WR Randy Moss for a 5-yard loss:

“I had a good coverage called and I saw the reverse coming. Then I was able to make a good play.”

On playing in Philadelphia:

“I can’t think of a better place. I love the Eagles. The coaches are great, the fans are great, and it’s my style of defense—aggressive and we have to make some plays.”

On how good the Eagles defense can be:

“Only time will tell. I am not here to make predictions, I’m not that type of person. But I expect big things out of the defense this year.”

No comments: