Friday, July 27, 2007

McNabb to wear brace

Nothing earth shattering coming from the first day of Eagles camp. Andy Reid did say that quarterback Donovan McNabb will start camp wearing a brace on his surgically repaired right knee and tight end L.J. Smith will start it on the sidelines. Meanwhile, Reid tried to quell distractions by making it clear he won't be answering any questions on his family.

Here's what Reid had to say:

On McNabb:

"We’ll keep a close eye on him and just see how he does. He’ll probably start out with a brace on his knee for precautionary measures. It is his right leg, his plant leg, so we’ll see how he does with it these first three days. I’m going to take it slow with him. It’s good that [QB Kevin] Kolb got signed and will be in and get some reps- quite a few reps- as we go into these three days here."

On Smith:

"L.J. Smith is the only one of great concern once the veteran players get in. We’ll just take it nice and slow with him and see how he does, how he progresses. We’ll probably keep him out of contact for the first few days, but he is progressing very well and he has been working out."

On his family:

"As far as my family goes, I’m not going to answer any questions on that. Even if I could, I can’t do that, and I’ll maintain that throughout the season. I’d appreciate it if you [the media] held up your end and don’t go there."

No comments: