Saturday, September 26, 2009

Signs point to Trotter return

When the news broke that Jeremiah Trotter wanted to return to the Eagles most chuckled, but it's now looking like the veteran linebacker is closer than ever to re-signing with the Birds.

"The thing I can tell you, I thought he moved around very well, that's what I thought," Eagles coach Andy Reid said of Trotter's workout. "I think he felt a little bit better than what he did when he was here the last time, physically. It showed during the workout."

The 32-year-old, four-time Pro Bowl selection has been toiling as a fill in host on WIP for the past couple of months and used that venue to say the right-knee surgery he underwent early in 2008 has helped him regain the agility missing when he was released by the team in the 2007 preseason.

"That's really what my problem was when I left," said Trotter. "When I got released from the Eagles, it was rightfully so; I really didn't have my explosion that I once had. I knew I needed surgery, but by that time it was pretty much too late'' to do it that year.

Unless Omar Gaither really ups his play Sunday against Kansas City, expect Trot back in Eagles green next week.

No comments: