Sunday, March 15, 2009

Updating the latest Eagles news

The Daily News' Les Bowen reports that Brian Westbrook is saying his left knee is feeling great following arthroscopic surgery. Westbrook hopes to avoid the constant swelling that limited him last season.

The Inqy's Bob Brookover, talked with Tra Thomas who said he wanted to remain with the Birds.

"I really wanted to stay in Philly, but it's not always up to me," Thomas said. "Coming out of college, Philly was the team I wanted to play for and that was the city I wanted to retire in. I just never thought I'd be wearing a different logo on my helmet. I always thought I'd have those Eagle wings."

Bowen says the Eagles offered Thomas a one-year deal but the veteran has denied that.

Brookover also says the Eagles have no interest in WR Torry Holt, who was recently released by the Rams.

Steve Wyche, of NFL.com, says the team has expressed interest in free-agent LB Angelo Crowell (Bills) but have not offered him a contract, while Jean-Jacques Taylor of The Dallas Morning News says the Eagles were talking with strong safety Keith Davis. That's probably off the board after the team signed a pair of safeties, however.

Finally, Ken Murray of The Baltimore Sun reports the Eagles have arranged a private workout with University of Maryland WR Darrius Heyward-Bey.

No comments: