Friday, March 06, 2009

COAFA: Killing Time Until the Draft

By Greg Wiley
The Phanatic Magazine

Confessions of a Fantasy Addict is the Phanatic’s blog documenting the 2009 Fantasy Baseball season of an obsessed gamer with weekly, if not more often, updates. “Greg” doesn’t claim to be an expert. As a matter a fact, it’s advised that you do the complete opposite of him if you want to succeed. Basically, the idea of this blog is to let you inside the mind of a fantasy addict.

So the trade talks in my league have died down. It seems that everyone is happy with what they have going into the draft, which is at the end of this month.

So, with nothing to occupy my time with, my mind recently went racing with ideas for my fantasy team, and this is what I came up with: I am going to try and acquire all of my man-crushes and rename my team The Mantasies.
Currently, I own one of my man-crushes, Chase Utley. My other big man-crush is David Wright, but my trade attempt to get him was denied. I offered Carlos Lee and the first pick (which would be Jake Peavy) for Wright and that team’s first pick (which is second overall and I would take Nick Markakis with it). I think that was a fair offer, but oh well.
Other man-crushes I have include Brandon Webb, Ryan Zimmerman, Joey Votto, Yunel Escobar and any other hard-working player. A pair of guys who are quickly moving up my man-crush list include Mike Pelfrey and Dan Murphy, both Mets (guess what my favorite team is).
There are guys I absolutely hate and they include: Oliver Perez, Luis Castillo, A-Rod (any Yankee for that matter) and Jayson Werth (not sure why, I just don’t).
Manny, Manny, Manny…
By the way, did you hear Manny signed? Just thought I’d say that.
WBC…
I’m looking forward to watching some World Baseball Classic games. I’m dying for baseball to start and the atmosphere at some of these games is insane.
I hope that Peavy doesn’t get hurt in the WBC. I’m looking forward to taking him with the first pick. If he gets hurt I’ll be disappointed. I’ll probably start banging my head against the wall.
Looking ahead…
I’m starting to formulate my draft strategy. We’ll start to get into that next week.

No comments: