Monday, March 30, 2009

Moats accepts apology

Former Eagles running back Ryan Moats reportedly accepted the apology of the world's worst policeman.

Moats, now with the Houston texans, and his wife say they are ready to move past an incident in which a Dallas police officer held the player outside a hospital as his mother-in-law died inside.

"Well, first of all I accept his apology, and I hope it's sincere - a sincere apology," Moats said on ABC's "Good Morning America. "I've kind of left it up to my wife because I love Jo, my mother-in-law. ... She was just like my mom. And so I wanted to leave that up to (Tamishia) if she wanted to hear that from him."

Officer Robert Powell, 25, issued a statement Saturday, March 28, through his lawyers expressing regret for the incident.

"Actually, it would be comforting if we heard an apology directly from him," Tamishia Moats said. "But up to this point we have not received a personal call from him, directly. Maybe he has tried to reach out and we just perhaps missed his call. We definitely would accept his apology because, you know, he's a human being so we would, definitely."

No comments: