Saturday, December 09, 2006

Reaction to the Iverson situation

Maurice Cheeks:

"You know, these twelve or fourteen guys, however many guy we have inside our locker room, we are going to go out, we are going to put effort on the floor, who ever is out there. That is our focus, is to concentrate on the guys that are out there on the floor, and just get as much effort as we can. I think effort over comes a lot of things, and that's what we're going to works towards."

The difference of not having Allen Iverson..."Obviously when you have an Allen Iverson out on the floor, he gets to the foul line a tremendous amount. He gives you an opportunity to stop the clock when you're down because he can get to the foul line. He gets ten foul shots a game. You would have that weapon out on the floor. Like I was saying, those guys in our locker room, they're going to work, and that's what we are going to focus on. Maybe we can get some other guys to penetrate to the basket when we're down to stop the clock and make some baskets."

On whether he feels relief in moving on..."I'm a basketball coach. I concentrate on whatever guys are in my locker room and it doesn't matter who it is. Right now, those guys who are in the locker room is what I'm concentrating on and I feel good about the guys I have in there."

Andre Iguodola:

On his role with the team with the rumored trade of Allen Iverson..."Right now he is still on the team. I am still going out and trying to learn everyday and learn from my mistakes. I had too many turnovers tonight. I just have to bounce back tomorrow."

On his reaction to Ed Snider's comments about Iverson being traded..."I really don't have one right now. I don't think it's really hit me yet. He has been a great friend and teammate of mine these last two years. He has been there to help me. As far as basketball goes, we are professionals. We have to just go out and compete everyday no matter who is on the court. "

On if he understands why the team would trade Iverson..."It's part of the game. Things are done for certain reasons. It's the GM and owners decision. It wasn't mine. I understand my position and play my role on this team."

Kevin Ollie:

On his reaction to Iverson requesting to be traded..."He's got his own opinions. I guess that he wanted to go somewhere else. For us to stay as a group, we are 5-13. Like I told you earlier, we just have to have to continue to band together. I wish Allen the luck. I wish the organization luck in trading him and everyone comes out in a win-win situation. Hopefully, he is satisfied where he goes, and hopefully we are satisfied and start getting wins."

Washington Wizards Guard Gilbert Arenas:

"It's hard when you've been watching the guy grow into his own with the same organization, you never want him to leave. You always want it to work out for the best." Both sides hung in there as long as they could and (Iverson) is tired of it and ready to win a championship."

No comments: