Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Canseco beaten in MMA debut

As expected Jose Canseco was trounced in his MMA debut, lasting 1:17 against freak show attraction Choi Hong-man for the Dream promotion at Yokohama Arena.

Canseco managed to throw a few punches and kicks at the 7-foot-2, 330-pound Choi before taking one punch that stunned him. The former slugger then injured his leg throwing a kick and went down to the canvas before tapping from punches on the ground.

"That's a big man," Canseco told The Associated Press after the fight. "I ran into one of his left jabs and that almost knocked me out. You have no idea how scary it was facing a man that big."

"I hurt my knee back home real bad but I didn't want to disappoint the fans," Canseco said. "I knew that at some point during the fight my knee was going to give out and once I was down I knew I wasn't going to get up. He's just too heavy to move."

Step into summer at Casual Male XL!

1 comment:

Nomad said...

Jose Canseco is a powder puff compared to Hong Man Choi; he didn't stand a chance