Thursday, May 14, 2009

Andrews talks depression


Eagles All-Pro guard Shawn Andrews addressed his bout with depression in an ith Jere’ Longman of the New York Times.

Andrews said he is currently taking antidepressant medication as well as a drug to address attention deficit disorder but is no longer in counseling. He also said he drank heavily after the birth of his son to hide his depression.

“I was partying, drinking to try to hide what was really going on,” said Andrews “Temporarily, it helped me. In the grand scheme, it really didn’t.”

After reporting to the Eagles following a training camp holdout, Andrews stopped taking his medication believing he had improved enough.

“I was feeling great. I was like, ‘This thing is over.’ Man, things went south. I’ve never been a big fan of medication, but, at this point, it’s very crucial for me.”



CheapOair.com

No comments: