Monday, September 17, 2007

Rutgers' RB Young to miss rest of season

Rutgers sophomore running back Kordell Young (West Deptford, N.J.) will miss the remainder of the 2007 season due to a left knee injury suffered in the team's win over Norfolk State on Saturday.

Young, who was second on the depth chart at running back and also one of the team’s starting kickoff returners, will undergo surgery Tuesday.

“Mentally, I am handling it pretty well,” said Young. “It is tough to miss the rest of the season, but on the bright side it gives me the opportunity to improve my upper body strength in the weight room and prepare for next season. I can take a lot from watching Ray (Rice) and I will continue to take mental reps on the sideline and stay focused.”

Young totaled 58 yards on 18 carries and averaged a team-best 32.0 yards on three kickoff returns this season.

No. 11 Rutgers returns to action Saturday, September 29 vs. Maryland.

No comments: