Thursday, May 24, 2007

Brett Myers update

By Tim McManus
The Phanatic Magazine

So far, it doesn't appear that Brett Myers' injury is all that serious.

The ace-turned-closer was re-examined this morning by Phillies head athletic trainer Scott Sheridan, who re-confirmed that Myers has a right shoulder strain. He is considered day-to-day.

Myers will undergo an MRI today at the Phillies’ medical network in Clearwater, Florida.

The injury occurred during a wild ninth inning against the Marlins on Wednesday, which saw Florida storm back to tie the game thanks to a series of miscues by the Phillies. Myers' second pitch to Miguel Olivo deep in that frame sailed wildly toward the backstop, and the right-hander immediately grabbed his shoulder before leaving the game.

"Something wasn't right when I threw the first pitch to Olivo," Myers said. "Then the second (pitch), I couldn't stop it. I didn't even know (where my control) was going.

"I don't think (my shoulder) popped or tore because if it did I wouldn't have any strength in it right now, but I have strength in it."

No comments: