Friday, March 23, 2007

Reid returns to work

By Eric Redner
The Phanatic Magazine

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid returned to work on Friday after spending more than a month away from the team to deal with personal issues.

Reid stepped away last month to deal with the recent legal troubles involving his sons, Britt and Garrett.

"On behalf of my family and myself, there has been a great outpouring from fans, friends, colleagues and a tremendous amount of support in Philadelphia and we appreciate that," said Reid in a press conference held on Friday morning.

He has been in frequent contact with the team during his leave to help with the free agent signings as well as preparation for the upcoming draft.

"We made some staff changes and we brought in a couple of players here that I think will help us," said Reid. "We continue to look at the free agent market and will address the areas where we need help."

Reid will now assume a full workload, and is expected to attend the owners' meeting later this month.

"I can't say walking away didn't cross my mind, but I needed to take some time to address the difficulties," said Reid. "I never got to that point where I was ready to walk away. I needed some time to sort things out the past couple of weeks. We all spend time with family and work. You have to have quality time for both.

"This is a great city to coach in. I've seen quite a few things and being able to coach in Philadelphia is quite a special thing."

No comments: