Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Montae Reagor talks to the press


On why he came to Philadelphia:

“Well the deciding factor was this is a great organization. The team is built to win, great coaches here, and I know the mindset of everyone in this organization is to try to build a winning ball club, and hopefully, my leadership and my play can bring something and add to that.”

On what gets him excited about being in Philadelphia:

“They want to win to win a championship. They want to bring good character guys here. They want to bring guys that are loyal to the ball club, good character guys, guys that are going to work hard on the field and be good in the community as well. So, it’s a very attractive place to be and I’m glad to be here.”

On what has to happen for him to be physically ready:

“Physically, I was in a car accident. My swelling [in my eye] has to continue to improve, just get myself back in shape. I haven’t been able to workout for awhile, but physically I’m starting to get back to working out, just getting to where I need to be physically, and make myself comfortable with the situation.”

On what impact the car accident had on his life:

“I truly believe that the accident has taught me to appreciate life, appreciate the moment. Never get beside yourself. Appreciate the things that you have done. Appreciate people because you never know when it’s your time. My life passed right before me, but I’m very, very grateful to be here. My thing is just appreciate life and appreciate what you can do, while you can do it.”

On whether it was tough being on the sideline for the Colts Super Bowl run:

“It was very tough being out there on the field and not being able to play, but I did a lot of things behind the scenes and helped to coach in the playoff run. I helped the guys in the locker room, just my leadership, being there helping the defensive linemen continue to study the defense, giving them my input, and just being an inspirational leader. I was fired up for those guys. I was their biggest fan. And I think the part that I played, really helped motivate them to get over the hump.”

On his greatest strengths as a defensive tackle:

“I think I bring poise to the game. I think I bring a lot of quickness, a lot of big-play capability. My style of play is a little bit different than what they have here. I’m very quick on my feet. I’m a good pass rusher. They rush the passer here, but I think I have a lot of big plays in me and a lot of big plays left in me, so I truly believe that I can bring a lot of leadership and a lot of competitiveness to the ball club.”

No comments: