Monday, November 01, 2010

Union announces front office changes

Philadelphia Union’s Tom Veit will step down as President, effective December 31, 2010, and return to the role of Primary Business Consultant for the Union and Keystone Sports and Entertainment, the club announced today.  CEO & Operating Partner Nick Sakiewicz will assume management of Veit’s responsibilities in addition to his duties associated with the ownership group of Philadelphia Union.

“This has been an incredible opportunity for me,” remarked Veit.  “To be a part of launching this team and stadium was amazing but I always knew that I wanted to return to consulting.   It was important for me to know that when I was ready to step down our organization was rock solid and today I truly believe that it is.  The fact that I get to return to a part of business that I love, consulting, and still be able to work with the Union on a daily basis is a dream come true.“

Veit and Sakiewicz first worked together at the Tampa Bay Mutiny and later reunited in January of 2008 to launch Keystone Sports and Entertainment, operators of Philadelphia Union and PPL Park.  Originally brought on as a consultant, Veit assumed the role of President to assist Sakiewicz and helped to orchestrate one of the most successful expansion team launches in MLS history.

“Tom has done a great job helping us with the launch of the team and the opening of PPL Park,” said Sakiewicz.  “I always knew he would be returning to Tampa and I’m delighted he will still be working with us on a consulting basis.”

No comments: