Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Paterno says he'll return in 2011

Courtesy of the Sports Network

University Park, PA - Legendary Penn State football coach Joe Paterno indicated at his press conference Tuesday that he plans on returning for the 2011 season.

Paterno, in his 45th season at the helm of the Nittany Lion program, is the
all-time leader in wins for an FBS football coach. Earlier this season he
recorded the 400th victory of his illustrious career, and the 83-year-old sees
a bright future for his team.

"I am looking forward to it," Paterno said when asked if he was planning on
returning. "I think we've struggled a little bit this year, with the youth and
with the injuries and the whole bit.

"We're not where I would like us to be yet. But, I think with a good spring
and a pre-season practice, we could be a pretty good football team next year,
and I'd like to be part of it."

Paterno was later asked if he believed his return was a decision for him alone
to make.

"I don't think it's entirely my call. I'm not running the university. But I
would hope that what I want to do would be taken into consideration and go
from there," Paterno said.

Penn State is 7-4 this season and closes its regular season Saturday at home
against No. 11 Michigan State.

No comments: