Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Reynolds pulls out of NBA Draft

Villanova junior guard Scottie Reynolds has withdrawn his name from the upcoming NBA Draft and will return to school for his final season.

"The best decision for me is to return to Villanova for my senior year," Reynolds said in a statement released by the school. "I'd like to thank everyone who put their time into helping me get better during these NBA workouts. I especially want to thank my teammates and coaches here for all of their support. I felt like I learned a great deal from this process.

"I'm blessed to be in the situation I am in. I'm happy to be back at Villanova."

Reynolds worked out for seven different NBA teams and was unlikely to be drafted.

"Scottie took a very mature and intelligent approach to this process," Villanova coach Jay Wright said in the statement. "He prepared himself thoroughly for each workout and absorbed everything he could from them. This was a tremendous learning experience for him and now he is focused on becoming a great senior leader in our program. He has great respect for the tradition here and I know he'll embrace this role."

No comments: