Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sixers address Brand Rumors

ESPN's Chad Ford created quite a stir around the Sixers after he claimed the team has interest in moving Elton Brand, halfway through the first season of his five-year, $79.8 million dollar deal.

Ed Stefanski said he does not comment on rumors, but a source familiar with the Sixers' situation told the Daily News' Phil Jasner that Stefanski had made no trade-related calls involving Brand and that he had no interest in dealing him.

Meanwhile, Brand confirmed that Stefanski had spoken to him. "Anytime there's speculation, and as you get close to the [deadline], that's when you know it's a business," Brand said. "I'm just here to win, to play my heart out. I haven't been in a lot of [rumors], and I know that if we were 30-10, this wouldn't be the case. I understand where it would come from, even if it's from a fan, a chat session, e-mail."

No comments: