Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ortiz likely done with UFC

Tito Ortiz, arguably MMA's top draw, is scheduled to finish up his UFC contract next Saturday against Lyoto Machida.

Don't expect that to change.

"If [UFC President Dana White] learns to shut his mouth and learns to respect me there is a possibility [I would return]," Ortiz said. "[He needs to] give a public apology for the things that he has done... I want to go with a company that is going to respect me and see me as the champion

"I am and the ambassador that I am of the sport and not really downplay me or disrespect me on television or anything else."

White's response:

"Tito is a fucking idiot. He's one of the dumbest human beings I've ever met. Everything that comes out of his mouth makes no sense."

"I put up with his shit when he was a good fighter," White added. "He's not anymore. I have no interest whatsoever in being in the Tito Ortiz business. I've never wanted to see anyone get their ass kicked worse than I want to see Tito get his kicked next Saturday night."

No comments: