Thursday, August 02, 2012

Chambers wants Thurman in October

Steve Chambers
PHILADELPHIA (The Phanatic Magazine) - Once beaten Philadelphia welterweight Steve Upsher Chambers (24-1-1, 6 KOs) is targeting the Keith Thurman (18-0, 17 KOs) for a potential fight on Oct. 6 in Atlantic City.

Chambers, the brother of former heavyweight title challenger Eddie Chambers, recently turned down an opportunity to fight Thurman on two weeks notice, claiming he wants a full training camp before taking on the knockout machine.

“I have too much pride in my career to take the biggest opportunity on short notice” said Chambers. “I understand that he is being positioned to fight on Oct. 6 in Atlantic City.  "Well Keith let’s make this happen.  It makes even more sense now because I live just an hour from Atlantic City and I will have a full camp to prepare to beat you”

No comments: