Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Reid returns to practice

(The Phanatic Magazine) - Eagles head coach Andy Reid returned to practice Wednesday, one day after the funeral for his son.

“I’m a humble man standing before you. A very humble man,” the Eagles coach said after a short practice session. “I’m humble because of the outpouring, not only from the media but from our football team, from the fans, it was unbelievable. I’m not sure you ever think that many people care, not that you go in that direction  but it’s a very humbling feeling. And I know my son would feel the same way."

Garrett Reid, who has struggled with drug addiction for years. died Sunday morning at the age of 29. He was found dead in a dorm room at Lehigh University, where he was assisting the Eagles' strength and conditioning coaches.

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie made it clear Reid wouldn't be taking a lot of tim eto grieve and the coach explained why.

“I’m a football coach; that’s what I do,” said Reid. “And I know my son wouldn’t want it any other way. I can’t put it any more frank than that; he loved the Philadelphia Eagles.”





No comments: