Sunday, January 16, 2011

Union's Diego Gutierrez honored

Philadelphia Union Head of Scouting & Player Development Diego Gutiérrez was named the recipient of the 2010 Jerry Yeagley Award for Exceptional Personal Achievement by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA).

“I am extremely grateful and it is an absolute privilege for me to receive this magnificent award,” expressed Gutierrez.  “Jerry represents and embodies excellence in every way, and everyone knows what a massive factor he has been in elevating the sport and the college game into what it is today.  I have always admired Coach Yeagley, his legacy, his values, as well as his teams.  This recognition certainly fuels my desire to continue my passion for serving and giving back to the less fortunate.  My family and I are very honored to receive this award.”

The Yeagley Award, named in honor of the legendary men’s soccer coach at Indiana University, recognizes a current or former collegiate soccer player who has achieved extraordinary accomplishments and has demonstrated the qualities of sportsmanship, integrity and strong work ethic.

No comments: