Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vicks admits lack of work ethic in Atlanta

Larry Hairstein of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports a contrite Michael Vick told an Atlanta radio station Wednesday he wishes he had shown more dedication to his craft while quarterbacking the Falcons.

"There was a lot more I could have done off the field and in the film room that could have elevated my game to a different level," Vick said. "I was complacent at the time, somewhat lazy, and I settled for mediocrity. I thought what I was doing was enough."

Now, Vick says he is training hard for what may be his last opportunity to start in the NFL.

"I'm stronger, I feel fast and I'm back to my old-school workouts," he said. "I think you'll see a big difference this year. I want to play my best football up until the age of 34 and 35, and I'm going to put everything into it.  Just imagine what I could have been doing if I really would have been applying myself. That's a regret I have."

The book on Vick in Atlanta was that he was the last player to practice and meetings and the first to leave.

No comments: