Monday, January 11, 2010

McGwire admits using steroids

Mark McGwire finally admitting to taking steroids today.

"I wish I had never touched steroids,'' McGwire said in a statement to The Associated Press. "It was foolish and it was a mistake. I truly apologize. Looking back, I wish I had never played during the steroid era.''

McGwire also admitting using human growth hormone and claimed he user the drugs on and off for a decade.

McGwire's decision to admit using steroids was prompted by his decision to become hitting coach of the St. Louis Cardinals.

"I never knew when, but I always knew this day would come,'' McGwire said. "It's time for me to talk about the past and to confirm what people have suspected.''

Hate to rain on McGwire's redemption tour but he belted 583 home runs, made 12 All-Star teams and made nearly $75 million in his career, not exactly a public service announcement for staying off 'roids.

No comments: