Thursday, April 12, 2012

Villanova's Cheek to enter NBA Draft


VILLANOVA, Pa. (The Phanatic Magazine) – Villanova junior guard Dominic Cheek will forego his final season of eligibility and place his name into the pool of candidates for the 2012 National Basketball Association Draft.

“I appreciate all the help I have gotten from my teammates, coaches and friends during my time at Villanova,” stated Cheek. “At this point in my life, I feel this is the best decision for me and my family. I am excited to get started with the process of pursuing my dream of playing in the NBA.”

Cheek was a heavily recruited high school star out of St. Anthony (N.J.), but never lived up to expectations while with the Wildcats.

He did start this past season, averaging 12.5 points and 3.9 rebounds but most draft experts do not project him to be selected in June's NBA draft.

No comments: