Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Vick meets the media

On what it is like being one of the few players that are 30+ years old on the Eagles roster, and being a teacher to his younger teammates:
“[Jokingly] Thirty. Not thirty-plus. Let’s not rush it. You’ve got to take initiative. I’ve been leading teams since I was 25 years old, and I know how to lead and what it takes. It’s important for the younger guys to step up and attain that role, because it’s going to be required at certain positions. I just try to instill that in everybody, let everybody see, not only myself, but [QB] Kevin [Kolb], by leading by example and trying to take this team where it needs to go.”

On whether this morning’s practice was different without former Eagles QB Donovan McNabb there:
“Yeah, it’s different with not having [McNabb] here, but that’s part of the business, and you’ve got to keep pushing.”

On whether he was shaking off some rust today:
“Yeah, it was getting the rust out, getting acclimated. Getting back into the swing of things. And it takes time. This afternoon I should be a lot better.”

On whether it felt good to get on the field after what he has been through recently:
“I’ve realized from the moment that I stepped onto the field, that it was a blessing to be here, with this team, with the guys, with my teammates, and my coaches. And just enjoy the moment, and enjoy my life, and appreciate what I’ve been given, and the opportunity that I’ve been given. I just have to keep that in perspective and understand that.”

No comments: