Friday, May 07, 2010

Gagne is game-time decision

Flyers winger Simon Gagne will be a game-time decision for tonight's do-or-die Game 4 vs. the Bruins. Hers's what Gagne had to say at the pre-game skate...

Q – Are you going to play?
Gagne: “It’s hard to say right now. It’s going to be a game-time decision. I’m going to see how I’m going to feel in warmups, and from there I’ll decide.”

Q – Did you not skate this morning because you didn’t want to put extra pressure on the foot?
Gagne: “Yes. There’s no need right now to go out there and skate. I’m going to wait until warmups to put all the chance on my side, and we’ll decide from there.”

Q – Paul [Holmgren] said you had a good MRI yesterday. Can you be specific?
Gagne: “They looked if something moved after practice, if the bone shifted or moved a little bit, but everything looked pretty good. They were pretty happy the way the healing process went. It was a good first step to get closer to the game.”

Q – Is the decision up to you now?
Gagne: “Yeah, I’m going to have to talk to the trainer after warmups and tell him how I feel. We have a plan to call the doctor. I talked to him yesterday after I went to get that MRI, and we talked a bit about what I have to look for to be able to play. Like I said, it’s just going to be up to me to get ready for warmups and see how I feel, and from there we’ll chat with [Jim McCrossin] and we’ll decide if it’s good to go.”
 

No comments: