Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Westbrook named 1st team All Pro

Philadelphia Eagles running back Brian Westbrook was named to the Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Wednesday.

A first-team selection, Westbrook becomes the first Eagles running back to be named to the team since Wilbert Montgomery made it in 1978 and 1979.

"Being named First-Team All-Pro is an unbelievable way to cap a season that I am very proud of from a personal standpoint, although I wish things would have turned out differently for our team," Westbrook said.

"I have always said that I would trade personal accomplishments for the success of my team, but it's great to be recognized for the things I have worked so hard to achieve. I want to thank all the people who voted for me, but most importantly I want to thank my teammates who had a vital role in everything I was able to accomplish this season."

No comments: