Tuesday, January 15, 2008

EliteXC signs Ken Shamrock

EliteXC signed former UFC star Ken Shamrock and his son, Ryan, to multi-fight deals. Terms of the agreements were not disclosed.

"We're thrilled to have signed Ken and Ryan Shamrock," said EliteXC president Gary Shaw. "Ken is one of the most recognizable and popular figures in MMA. He has fought the biggest and some of the most important fights in MMA history.

"Ken is responsible for putting MMA on the worldwide map and making it what it is today. I have the utmost respect for all the Shamrocks. Believe me, I have signed fighters with EliteXC and many more in boxing, but I can truly say I’m as excited about this signing as I have ever been. I'm realIy looking forward to seeing the Shamrocks in action."

Shamrock, who has defeated the likes of Bas Rutten, Maurice Smith, Dan Severn and Kimo in his career, and Ryan will both make their EliteXC debuts at "Cage Rage 25" on Saturday, March 8, at Wembley Arena in London, England.

"I'm totally committed to returning to the cage injury free and anxious about fighting in England for the first time," the older Shamrock said. "It is very exciting for both Ryan and I. We will be making MMA history by being the first father and son to ever fight on the same card.

"This is a great opportunity we are getting with EliteXC. Give me a fight or two and I will be ready to fight anybody."

Ryan Shamrock (1-0) is a promising 19-year-old fighter , who competes at 135 pounds.

No comments: