Thursday, February 14, 2013

Meszaros updates rehab, talks comeback

On Thursday afternoon, injured Flyers defenseman Andrej Meszaros was questioned regarding his recovery from shoulder surgery performed late last month.

"This was my third one (skating sessions) and first one with the team, yeah. I skated with the team for a half an hour before they started doing battle drills and stuff.

"I don't know...it's tough to say. I'm feeling better and still progressing but I'm not where I want to be yet. So we'll see in the next couple weeks. I have to talk to Jimmy (head trainer McCrossin) and Paul Holmgren about it and probably talk to the doctor too. I'm doing better than I thought, though.

"Today I was just shooting, but not the way I usually do. I'm trying just easy shots, and nothing from far away, just to try from closer and get it on net. I'll know when I'm able to do some slap shots, it's not just the shot, but I need to feel good about the shooting, and be able to do some battle drills along the boards."

Meszaros has been out since the second game of the season, when he left a 2-1 win over the New York Rangers on January 24 with an injured left shoulder, later to be revealed a muscle injury near the AC joint.

The left-handed shooter scored 15 goals in his two full seasons with Philadelphia, but has encountered a streak of bad luck with back surgery, Achilles issues and now this shoulder setback.

No comments: