Sunday, June 28, 2015
The following are the remaining selections from rounds 3-7.
FELIX SANDSTROM (Goaltender)
DRAFTED: 3rd Round (70th overall)
TEAM: Brynas, Jr. - Sweden
BORN: Gavle, Sweden
VITALS: 6’2”, 191-pounds
* Sandstrom is ranked third among all European goaltenders on NHL Central Scouting’s Final Rankings.
* He recorded a 2.63 goals-against average and .907 save percentage in 14 appearances for his junior team and also appeared in two games in the Swedish SuperElit pro league for Brynas, posting a 1.09 GAA and .963 save percentage in 55 minutes of action.
* Has international experience having played for Sweden in the World Junior Under-18 Championships and 2014 Ivan Hlinka Tournament.
MATEJ TOMEK (Goaltender)
DRAFTED: 3rd Round (90th overall)
TEAM: Topeka - NAHL
BORN: Bratislava, Slovakia
VITALS: 6’2”, 180-pounds
* Tomek won seven of his first eight outings with the RoadRunners in 2014-15 – a stretch that included four of his six shutouts – en route to a 24-7-2 record in 33 games and North American Hockey League Goaltender of the Year honors. He was among the League leaders in goals-against average (2nd: 1.83), shutouts (t-2nd: 6), save percentage (5th: .928) and wins (t-5th: 24) as a 17-year-old.
* He represented Slovakia at the 2014 Under-18 World Junior Championship, backstopping the club to its only victory with 23 saves in a 4-1 win over Germany.
* At 16 years old, Tomek played among men and was the youngest goaltender in Slovakia’s second division in 2013-14, finishing with a 2.39 goals-against average and .936 save percentage in 14 games. He also spent time with HK Poprad’s under-18 and under-20 teams in Slovakia’s junior leagues.
* Tomek has committed to the University of North Dakota for the fall of 2015.
SAMUEL DOVE-McFALLS (Center/Left Wing)
DRAFTED: 4th Round (98th overall)
TEAM: Saint John - QMJHL
BORN: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
VITALS: 6’2”, 207-pounds
* Recorded 14 goals and 20 assists for 34 points in 66 games for Saint John in his second season in the QMJHL.
* He led the entire team in shots (151), while also recording a plus-12 rating, which ranked fourth on the team.
MIKHAIL VOROBYOV (Center)
DRAFTED: 4th Round (104th overall)
TEAM: Tolpar Ufa - Russian Junior League
BORN: Ufa, Russia
VITALS: 6’2”, 198-pounds
* In 39 games for Tolpar, his first full season playing junior hockey, he posted eight goals and 20 points, while earning a plus-8 rating and added three goals in eight playoff games.
* He has international tournament experience as well, competing in the 2014 World Junior Under-18 Championships where he posted four points (1g-3a) in five games.
DAVID KASE (Center/Wing)
DRAFTED: 5th Round (128th overall)
TEAM: Chomutov, CZE
BORN: Kadan, Czech Republic
VITALS: 5’10”, 159-pounds
* Kase was part of Chomutov’s championship team in the Czech Republic’s Second League, registering 14 points (7g-7a) in 30 games.
* He also skated for Chomutov’s junior team in 2014-15, racking up 15 points (7g-8a) in just eight regular season games and adding another 12 points (5g-7a) in nine postseason contests.
* Kase has international experience as well, playing for the Czech team and earning silver medals at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship where he posted five points (3g-2a) in seve names… He served as team captain at the 2014 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament.
* A history of playing on championship teams, Kase was a member Chomutov’s junior squad that won the league title in 2013-14 (11-19—30 in 35 GP) and a member of their Under-16 team that won the Czech title in 2011-12 (27-38—65 in 29 GP).
* His brother, Ondrej, was selected 205th overall by the Anaheim Ducks in 2014 and his father, Robert, is a former professional player who served as head coach of Chomutov’s junior team in 2014-15.
COOPER MARODY (Right Wing/Center)
DRAFTED: 6th Round (158th overall)
TEAM: Sioux Falls, USHL
BORN: Brighton Michigan
VITALS: 6’0”, 173-pounds
* Committed to playing at the University of Michigan for the 2015-16 season.
* Coming off a career-high 19 goals, 28 assists for 47 points in 37 regular season games in his third season playing in the USHL.
* Recorded more points in his third season (47) than his previous two seasons combined (39).
IVAN FEDOTOV (Goaltender)
DRAFTED: 7th Round (188th overall)
TEAM: Reaktor, Russian Junior League
BORN: St. Petersburg, Russia
VITALS: 6’8”, 192-pounds
* In 41 games played in his first full season of junior hockey, recorded a 1.95 GAA and .911 save percentage… He also appeared in one professional KHL game for Neftekhimik.
* He was also named Goaltender of the Month for November in the MHL (Russian Junior League).