Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hohensee out as Soul coach

Mike Hohensee
PHILADELPHIA – The Philadelphia Soul announced that Mike Hohensee has resigned as head coach of the team effective immediately.  In addition, his entire coaching staff was relieved of their duties after the Soul finished the 2011 season with a 6-12 record.

“I enjoyed my time in Philadelphia,” said Hohensee.  “I appreciate the opportunity I was given by the Soul organization and wish them nothing but the best in the future.  I was blessed to meet so many wonderfully loyal fans and to develop so many friendships in the community that I will always cherish.  I would like to give special thanks to my coaches, support staff and players for their dedication and professionalism throughout this difficult season.”

“We’d like to thank Mike for his time and dedication to the organization,” said Soul co-majority owner Ron Jaworski.  “We appreciate his efforts to help us get re-started and wish him well in the future.  Now we begin our search for a new head coach with the goal of winning the ArenaBowl in 2012.”

No comments: