Monday, December 27, 2010

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier talks about postponement

“I sense that the guys wanted information. They wanted to know what was going on, what was happening. Once that information was conveyed, it seemed as if they understood the situation. They knew exactly what we needed to do to stay focused on what we came up here to do, and that’s to get a win against the Eagles. I didn’t sense discouragement, I didn’t sense disappointment. I sensed relief in knowing (when and where) the game was going to be played.”

“One of the good things about the Minnesota Vikings is we have great people working within our organization. As I’ve tried to make decisions, I’ve been able to rely on a lot of competent people within our organization for support and advice. I haven’t had to make all decisions alone; I’ve had people giving me input who are sound in their responsibilities. It’s helped me to hopefully make the right decisions. We’ve got great people working for our organization and they’ve been a great support.”

“You’d like to be able to pick up the phone and ask someone, ‘Hey, how did you handle this when your roof collapsed?’ There aren’t very many, if any, that have experienced what we’ve experienced, or at the level that we’ve experienced it. Or dealing with some of the injuries; some situations we’ve had to face during this period. But I know for me, I’ve learned a lot through it. Things I think will help me in the future. I think we’ll look back at it one day and say ‘That’s one of the reasons we’re playing as well or doing as well as an organization as we are now because of that experience in 2010.’”

No comments: