Monday, December 17, 2007

McNabb denies Oliver report

Fox TV sideline babe Pam Oliver reported that she spoke to Eagles QB Donovan McNabb Saturday and was convinced that DMac believed he was being phased out of Philly. Oliver also reported that McNabb said he would be a "winner" wherever he played next season.

"Donovan really seems to believe that his days in Philadelphia are numbere," Oliver said in her report. "When I spoke with him before the game, I got the impression that Donovan is a little hurt by what he sees as an organization distancing itself from him and an organization that’s overly concerned about the negative fan reaction to him.

"But Donovan told me point blank: 'My knee is not an issue. The next place I go, I will win,' and also that he will keep a smile on his face for as long he's in an Eagles uniform."

In typical DMac fashion, he then threw Pam under the bus after the Eagles surprise victory over the Cowboys.

"I didn't say that," McNabb said. "I don't feel that way. I've said I want to be here eight more, nine more years. If that's possible, we'll see."

No comments: