Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Soul trade star receiver Morgan

The Philadelphia Soul have traded wide receiver Donovan Morgan to the New Orleans VooDoo in exchange for their No. 4 pick in the claiming order.  The move was made at Morgan’s request to be closer to his family.

“I enjoyed my time with the Soul and in the great city of Philadelphia,” Morgan said.  “I have some family considerations that need my immediate attention and I have asked the team to arrange a trade to my home city of New Orleans so that I can focus my time at home.  I am grateful to all the fans and wish the entire Soul organization the best of luck in the future.”

In his two seasons with the Soul, Morgan is amongst the franchise career regular-season leaders in receptions (200), receiving yards (2,977), receiving touchdowns (63) and total touchdowns (65).

Morgan was the AFL Rookie of the Year in 2008 while with the Chicago Rush.  He also earned First Team All-Arena in 2010 with the Tulsa Talons and Second Team All-Arena honors while with the Soul in 2011.

No comments: