Saturday, June 28, 2014

Flyers select QMJHL center with second-round pick

With their second pick at #48 on Saturday, the Philadelphia Flyers selected Val d'Or center Nicolas Aube-Kubel.

The double-barrel-named right-handed shooter put together a solid second season in Canadian juniors in 2013-14, collecting 22 goals and 53 points over 65 regular-season games. He contributed 13 points in 24 postseason efforts, as the Foreurs won the Q championship against Baie-Comeau and then placed third in the Memorial Cup.

"The playoffs with my team and the Memorial Cup helped me to be well for the draft, and I think I did well especially during the Memorial Cup," Aube-Kubel said. "I got good speed, good skate ability. I’ve got good hockey sense offensively. I can be a two way player too."

Over two years with the northern Quebec club, the 5-foot-11, 190-pound 18-year-old has collected 32 goals and 80 points in 129 appearances.




No comments: