Friday, July 24, 2026

LeBron's 'last decision' is apparently going to be Philadelphia

King James will apparently finish out his career by balling for South Broad instead of South Beach.

ESPN's Shams Charania reported late Friday morning, that agent Rich Paul stated LeBron will sign a 2-year contract with the Philadelphia 76ers worth $8 million.  

James took to X himself shortly after the reports were made, saying in a series of tweets: 

"I thought I was done when the season ended. I wasn't ready to announce it and I knew I needed some time to really decide, but I was pretty sure I played my last game. I was honest at that last press conference when I said I needed to look at myself and decide if I still love this game.

"I've had an incredible few months with all the people I love trying to figure it all out. This is my last decision. I'm not going for money. I'm not going for for family. What am I really playing for at this point? I still want to sacrifice. I still want to work. I still want to grind. I still want to compete, to win and have the chance at the feeling of winning another championship.

"I believe I can help make the Philadelphia 76ers a championship team and I am so excited to energize a new fan base and start this incredible journey one last time."

Once made official, the deal will bring the highest-profile NBA player to this city since Julius Erving retired following the 1986-87 season. 

James, 41, will be heading into his 24th NBA season since his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers took him with the first overall pick in the 2003 draft.

No comments: