Thursday, February 05, 2009

Brand rumors won't die

Despite constant denials by GM Ed Stefanski, the Elton Brand trade rumors continue to percolate.

"I don't know where these rumors are coming from. We haven't talked to anyone and really it's too early to make an assessment," Stefanski told HOOPSWORLD. "We are playing well of late, and with Elton back we want to work him into what we have been doing of late. Like I have said many times if there is a deal out there that makes sense we will look into it even if we are playing well. But I laugh at some of the rumors out there."

"I know I was brought here to be a difference maker and that hasn't shown up as of yet," Brand told HOOPSWORLD. "So it's frustrating at times and I feel like I have been forcing things since returning (20.2 minutes, 6.8 points, and 5.0 rebounds in five games since returning Jan. 24) but I am not down on myself. I just have to continue to work and help this team."

No comments: