Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Runyan heads to San Diego; will still run for Congress

Ex-Eagles Jon Runyan finally got an NFL gig, signing a one-year deal with the San Diego Chargers. The New Jersey still plans on running for Congress, however, as a Republican.

"Win or lose, these will be my final games as an NFL player," Runyan said in a statement. " I personally informed the Republican county chairmen . . . that after the season is over I plan to officially retire from football and pursue a campaign for the United States Congress."

Runyan plans to challenge Democratic Rep. John Adler next year in New Jersey's 3d Congressional District, a traditional Republican stronghold.

"I look forward to a successful end to my career on the field, and a spirited campaign against Congressman Adler in 2010."

No comments: